Kaffekapslen.dk is the Nordic region's largest coffee capsule supplier currently operating and delivering coffee capsules to Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Netherlands, Belgium and Spain.
Our collaboration with Kaffekapslen started back in the 2015 when the company was segmented only to Nordic markets.
Throughout the years we have, together, successfully launch seven more websites to the European market and a lot of other exciting innovative projects and initiatives.
In 2020 we have started the preparation, specification, planning and development of Magento 2 for Kaffekapslen.
The project consisted of full setup and extending the new Magento 2 cores for handling Kaffekapslens current and future needs. We also had to do a full migration of products, Magento settings and customer data.
Other than setting up Magento 2’s many built-in functionalities, a big amount of work was dedicated to customizing and extending things like - “bundled products” functionality, Visual Merchandiser, different payment and delivery methods and many more. The shop also handles a large amount of orders every day (5000+ orders a day) and needed to be able to handle that amount without slowing down any processes.
There were a lot of things we had to do. Below we highlighted the ones we think are worth mentioning.
- Customizing and extending the Kaffekapslen “bundle products”.
- Create multi storefront compatibility for the vert popular Amasty Visual Merchandiser.
- Install and extend the following payment modules: QuickPay, Adyen, Viabill, Klarna, PayPal, Ideal and mobile payment options MobilePay, Swish, VIPPS.
- A fully integration of Amasty GDPR and cookie consent solution for all the shops.
- Deliver highly customized front-end experiences matching Kaffekapslen demands, and recommendations based on analysis made by our UI/UX experts.
- Optimize page load speed and general site performance.
- Full integration with Kaffekapslens ERP system, Business central, provided by Microsoft.
- Develop dedicated parcel pickup-point locator modules for following carriers DHL for Sweden, DHL for Germany, DHL for Netherlands, GLS, PostNord and Colisprive.
- Implement integration between Shippii system and Magento. Arrange communication around order data validation, label printing, track and trace receiving. Implement communication between PCL and Shippii.
- Implement a strong and complex server setup to handle a huge load of admin and frontend requests
This has, without a doubt, been one of the most complex projects we have worked on, with many customizations and features, that of course also needed to work on the Magento 2 platform. The result is a 100% optimized shop that has been outperforming the old site since day 1 after launch. With a highly complex server setup that consists of a load balancer and 3 servers, the site handles a huge volume of user requests and admin requests without slowing down the frontend or the backend.